Sunday 1 December 2013

A Very Happy New Year Card

Over at the Card a Day Blog, I have the pleasure of making the first card of December, with a new theme! New Years! Its hard to believe that we have to start thinking about the New Year already! That means I’m really behind! I made a really simple card that I hope inspires you!
In this card, there are 5 layers, some I did digitally (no cut) and others I print and cut out, adhering them to the card with dimensional tape.  The layers in order, back to front:
  1. 5”x7” rectangle filled with a red texture pattern I had on my computer.
  2. 4.5” x 6.5” rectangle filled with a pattern I bought at the Silhouette store.
  3. A snowman that I colored digitally
  4. A birthday banner I changed into a New Year banner
  5. Wavy “snow” edge made of a scalloped border that I ran through my cuttlebug, using a new favorite embossing plate  from Cricut, designed by Anna Griffin, called “Foulard”
Here is what I print and cut to adhere dimensionally:
new year 2014 embellishments
Here is what I printed as a card “base”:
new year 2014 backgrnd
And the final result!IMG_0094
Sorry that I didn’t have time to note all the file names I used… I do hope you like the card though!
At the Card a Day Blog there are just two weeks of card making posts to do before our Christmas/Winter Break!  Its almost as good as an advent calendar, the excitement of the end of the year for our card making!  Enjoy!

1 comment: