Tuesday 1 October 2013

Christmas Candles

I’m so excited that I get to do the first Christmas card for the Card a Day Blog! I wanted to do a simple card with my Silhouette, and just embellish it a bit to highlight the candle and poinsettas.

Card size, approximately 4 inches by 6 inches, side fold.

Silhouette files used:

Christmas candle by Sarah Bailey

Christmas card by Daniela Angelova

I took the frame portion of the Christmas card file, and superimposed the Christmas candle on it… set it to not cut, and digitally colored it. I also cut out and colored extra poinsettia leaves to bend and glue on top of the card.  I used Mod Podge’s dimensional magic in drizzle like drops along the candle, and highlighting the holly leaves.  And I used  some glass bead gel to appear like frost on the poinsettia leaves.

DSC03153

A close up of the frosty highlights on the poinsettia leaves:

DSC03155Thanks for visiting and remember to visit the Card a Day blog over the next 3 weeks to get some Christmas Card making inspiration!

Don’t forget to enter the Card a Day Blog October challenge!
For more information on the challenges, click here.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful card Shelley! I'll have to grab that candle that just looks to nice to pass up. Just love all the little details you added to the card.

    ReplyDelete