Friday 13 September 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving Card

It is that time of year already.... Harvests are coming in, and families are getting back to the daily routine of life.  I wanted to create a thanksgiving card that could be used for more than one occasion Most “Canucks” I know are quite understated on how they celebrate Thanksgiving….it is more of a family gathering event for my family than one that includes card-giving. So here is my effort, I hope you enjoy it!

There is a house close by that has a yard full of sunflowers in full bloom right now. I’m thinking the birds are going to be very thankful this year! So I knew my card had to include sunflowers!

As usual, I made my card with my Silhouette… if you don’t have a Silhouette, I hope this card inspires you to raid your stash for embellishments of choice, grab some scissors/ribbons or whatever to make your card your own!

Finished card size: 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches

Paper used: 65 lb white coverstock from Staples

Files used

Here is what my Silhouette Studio screen looked like before cutting:

Sept13Thanks

The finished card, inside and out!
 
 
 
image
Thanks for visiting from the Card a Day Blog!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Shelley. I need to get lessons from you on the Silhouette software. I really like how this card came out

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty and fabulous card! I totally love it. My best Thanksgiving wishes to you and your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete