Saturday 20 July 2013

What a great day! Catching dinner!

Cody and I had a great treat today! My friends Lena and Charlie took me fishing in the Lower Campbell Lake.  I have lived in this area for well over 20 years, and have never been on the Lower Campbell lake. We had a grand time! I caught the first trout, and Lena caught the second one just about 30 seconds after I landed mine.  Then I got a great surprise… I got to take both fish home! I didn’t take any pictures of them being caught, but will show you how I cooked them later on in this post.

DSC02305

Just had to show you a picture of how Cody enjoyed the ride… he loved sitting on Lena’s lap most of the time:

DSC02306

Tonight I had the makings of a fine dinner… 1 potato, several brown mushrooms, a piece of onion, and two beautiful trout! It was a simple to prepare, quick dinner… on the table in under 30 minutes!

Cubed the potatoes and sliced the mushrooms, sprayed them with pam and sprinkled them with CattleBoyz Smokey Southwest Seasoning (spicy, with chipotle peppers in it). The onion I had was an “end”, so I sliced it towards the end, but not through, kind of like when you are making blooming onions. I held the end open, sprayed with Pam and sprinkled with seasoning too. Put all that into a hot and greased grill pan and into the preheated BBQ, and lowered the temperature to low, while I prepared the trout.  For the trout, I simply sprayed a piece of foil with Pam, and sprinkled the trout inside and out with Clubhouse Lemon & Herbs Seasoning. Rolled the foil around the fish and crimped the ends. I cooked the fish on the top rack of the BBQ at the same time as the potatoes. Both ended up being cooked to perfection at the same time. I would definitely do this again! The spiciness of the vegetables balanced the buttery (as in melt in your mouth texture) of the fresh trout. Yummy!

DSC02311

DSC02313DSC02314

DSC02316

1 comment: