Monday 15 July 2013

Home Card

This week’s theme at the Card a Day Blog is New (home, job, school, etc).  I chose to do a new home card.

I’m working on my home (major back yard work --- well, major to me!), so I needed to do a fast card.  If you’ve been following my card posts, you know that fast to me usually involves doing a print and cut with my Silhouette.  I chose some monogram letters at the Silhouette Store from Samantha Walker, a bracket frame from Kolette Hall, and a print and cut label from Silhouette…

I resized the monogram letters and digitally colored them to match the green in the label… then  set them to no cut. Spaced them on the screen to be able to fit in the label afterwards. It is definitely easier to show you what my screen looked like in the design stage Smile

Home

Then I found a piece of bazzil cardstock in pale green that didn’t overwhelm the other colors in the card. Rounded the corners of the card with my large corner punch, and simply glued or taped everything on.  I used simple coloring pencils to make faux “brads”… could have done about anything (as you can see by the buttons, I was toying with them too LOL)

DSC02264

Hope you are enjoying your summer! I’ll be posting at the end of the week about my back yard projects…. its going to envolve a work party Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment