Monday 22 July 2013

Happy Travels Card

Thanks for visiting from the Card a Day Blog! Our theme is travel, so I made a quick card with my Silhouette using 5 files (one of them a free one this week!). I digitally colored them in the Studio program, and set the outside edge only to cut. What I am hoping is that my pictures show the dimensions of the card. I used thick foam tape and glue sticks to make the clouds fold over each other.  If you like stamping, the cloud border would be ideal to stamp a favorite travel saying too!

DSC02328

Card dimensions: 1/4 top fold (4 1/4 “ x 5 1/2 “)

Silhouette files (use what you have on hand for inspiration):

  • Sun (sorry, the program doesn’t give me more information, I think it is from Silhouette though)
  • Airplane Side View (design #43179)
  • Arrows from the free shapes this week!
  • Loni Leah Happy Travels (design #42468)
  • Cloud Border (design #2320)

The great thing about doing print and cuts like this is that you can co-ordinate the colors in the card, and print and cut out a neat card using just one sheet of paper, instead of having to dig out several pieces of paper to cut out each piece of the card separately…. such a time saver and money saver! Love it!

Visit the Card a Day Blog tomorrow for more travel card inspiration from Lucy Kelleher!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card and I love the plaid plane tha is just 2 cute

    ReplyDelete