Wednesday 1 May 2013

Sweet Invitations

Thanks for visiting from the Card a Day Blog! This is the first of May (unbelievable eh?), and the first card of a new theme - Invitations.

I’m planning a BBQ this summer for my co-workers to come and enjoy an evening of fun in my backyard (if I ever get my yard work done!).   My yard is small, and I’ve been trying to think of what activities I can have with a varied group of adults.  Hmmm lawn darts… ring toss… crocket… I think the type of party I want is an old fashioned, be a kid-type party, not the bring your own beer and drink too much type party. I hope you like it! The card size is 6 inches square.


The one thing about invitations is that if you don't have a whole lot of time, and want to mass produce them, for me, its just a printed/digital card.  I find myself using Sihouette's Studio to do a lot of these cards, as there is a lot of choices in their store for things to put on the cards.  I chose two regular cutting files, and colored them in the program, set them not to cut, and then printed them out.  If I would have had time, I would have cut out the "You're Invited" part of the card, printed the rest, and used a clear dimensional highlighter for the rose in the vase.
The table and chairs were the "Bistro Table and Chairs" file by Sarah Baily. The "You're Invited Title" was by Jamie.

I hope this gives you an idea of what you can do on short notice to make a sweet card :-)

Join our May Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card-I get more and more impressed with what the Sihouette can do

    ReplyDelete