Sunday 31 March 2013

A Great Easter Dinner Idea!

Was just talking to a friend who was telling me what her Easter Dinner was traditionally....
Quote:

  • I am doing my Jerusalem dinner tomorrow which is basically some of the foods that would have been around when Christ walked the earth. 
  • Based on recipes in the book is called "A Christ - Centred Easter" by Janet and Joe Hales.
Sorry that I have no pictures, but to give you an idea of the types of things they are serving:
  1. Unleavened bread
  2. Lentil soup
  3. Platter of olives, dried fruit, and cheeses
  4. Yogurt
  5. Broiled fish
  6. Vegetables.
There are a lot more ideas in the book, and I think that is what I am going to do next Easter.... have a "Jerusalem Easter Dinner"
I'm going to have to ask her if they use plates, or do the custom that was back there of eating off a communal platter. It sounds like a great idea and one I thought you would enjoy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment