Friday 15 March 2013

A Chinese Easter

Welcome to my post for the Card a Day Blog!
I was really thinking outside of the box when I created this card…. actually, I was thinking of the first piece of jewelry my husband bought me, a Chinese symbol for long life. Then I thought of what we get out of the true meaning of Easter, and came up with this…. Love - Courage - Strength   ….and because of Easter, we can truly have all three!
I designed this card through Silhouette Studio. I used the three Chinese Symbols… colored them. Put a blue “ribbon” behind the symbols and grouped everything together. Made an offset to frame the phases, and printed and cut the offset image.
This is what my program screen looked like when I was composing the card:
Chinese easter card
I printed it out on beige cover stock (I must put white cover stock paper on my shopping list!).
I kind of like the hue that it turned out… almost antique and crackly looking close-up. I glued a piece of patterned paper on the oval, and trimmed it to size.  Glued the phrase banner on the oval, and then to the card base.
I hope you like it.
DSC02042
Hope you enjoy visiting and check out the Card a Day Blog for daily card making inspiration!
We want to be inspired by you too! Join us for our March Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I think you've made such a great card with an original design! I like your use of the Chinese symbols and the clean look. Fab!
    PS: You've got word verification turned on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! If I would have had time, I wanted to do some hand marbled paper for the background... perhaps on another card! So many cards, so little time!

      Delete
  2. Hi Shelly,

    As always your cards and blog is beautiful. Great Job! Hope Spring is on its way up there. :-)

    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete