Thursday 31 May 2012

It’s your birthday–so ‘tweet! Card

Thanks for visiting from the Card a Day Blog!
I do a lot of cards for my co-workers, and April is a month that catches up to me (we have over 7 birthdays in our department that month alone!). Digital cards are sometimes the best way for me to get something done on the spur of the moment. I always want to jazz them up a bit, so for this card I tried a new product for me – Golden Glass Bead Gel – which is sort of like Mod Podge, except thicker.
Here is my basic digital design I made with a picture from the Graphics Fairy.
so tweet
I printed the card front, applied the gel thickly (bottom left), and waited overnight to see the results!
DSC00931DSC00933
I learned that if I use this gel again, it would be best to use watercolor paper , or paper that you could stabilize and tape like you do with watercolor paper on a board before painting, so it will dry flat.  It did turn out textured and frosty though, and I’m happy with the effect.  I think I will definitely use this gel on gift tags this Christmas!
DSC00934

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a Cool effect! Love the card. Yes I agree sometimes it's easier just to do the digitals for cards

    ReplyDelete